Monday, January 19, 2009

i.heart.faces (kid's entry) ~by Mel

Ashlyn

Isn't she a doll? This is Ashlyn and she encompasses all things that are beautiful about children. Eyes that sparkle, an infectious smile, and charm that is easily visible through a camera lens. I was taking photos and she ended up putting her hands on this fence in such a natural way and I had to capture that moment. My camera went click and here is the result! (Don't you just love natural outdoor light?  And I also love the little wispy hairs that children get when they have been playing!) 

I heart faces is at it again with their weekly contest. Head on over to their website and enter a photo or just browse many others for ideas, inspiration and encouragement. Just click on their button below and you will be taken to their website. Or you can click on this link: www.iheartfaces.com


22 comments:

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

your entry is excellent as well. i already have tons of bathroom pics hanging now, may update and add this new one.

Teresa said...

Wonderful picture- wish I knew more about photography so I could get shots like that-
Thanks for sharing

Janine Kain said...

Has such a sense of mischief too.

Allyson said...

AWw look at her!! It looks like she really loves the camera!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

She is just a natural model and you were right there to capture a perfect moment.

Love seeing your photos in the contest! :)

~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces

Melinda said...

Wow! What a beautiful photo and such a beautiful little girl!

Drew said...

Everything about this photo is perfect. She is a sweetie and the backdrop is pretty without taking over.

Tara said...

yes she's a doll!!! love the colors:)))

Melinda said...

I realize I have already commented, but I wanted to tell you how much I appreciated your encouraging comments. Thank you so much!

Stephanie Harsh said...

She is a doll! Great capture!

Randi said...

Awesome! What a natural pose, and a very cute little girl.

Unknown said...

This is a great shot! I love it....everything is so balanced! Great job!

Corrine said...

what a beautiful child and photo.

Lori said...

gorgeous picture!

Unknown said...

Perfect picture. She is a beauty! Love the light and the setting. Very nice!

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

Not even my kid but would love to have this photo on my desk! :)

Well done - lovely!

illahee said...

oh, she has lovely eyes!

Leslie Roark Photography said...

What an adorable face! How precious!

Us said...

I love this picture and yes she's a doll! Thank you so much for your comment on my entries. I'm soooo not a professional photographer or even a photographer! But I do love taking pictures! So, I really appreciate you taking the time to comment! Your work is beautiful! Keli

Oh, and I'm glad you enjoyed my music! :)

Paige Hinrichs said...

Darling picture.

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful...the color and clarity are wonderful, and she is a little darling!

Annette said...

Beautiful colors. Great shot, love it.

About Me

My photo
We are best friends who have started an amazing journey of this photography business. Faith grounds us, family surrounds us and friendship unites us!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones