Monday, March 30, 2009

Pretty Pout & The Purrfect Pet~ by Mel

Children's Entry
Photobucket


This week's i heart faces contest is all about the pout and the pets! For my children's entry of pout I have a picture of the adorable Ashlyn. This was a picture that I snapped at the end of our photo session. She was just looking out the window in this cute way and I had to snap this pic. I like this pout because it is one that is different than what you might think of in terms of what the word means. Lots of times when kids are pouting they are looking a bit upset or cranky. But, Miss Ashlyn's pout is just more on the thoughtful and contemplative side. She is such a cutie!

For my pet picture I have entered one of my cat Lucky. My hubby and I have two dogs as well but I had to enter this photo that I took way back in August of our precious "princess". (as we call her) She has a great look in her eye. You know the look that cats give...the "I own you" one? I have to say despite that look she is a wonderful cat. She listens and is very loving. She hides a lot when people come around and she tends to be the less noticed of our three pets as our two dogs are attention seekers at all times. This week is Lucky's time to shine as my pet entry. I think she looks purrrrfect. Don't you agree? (okay excuse the complete cheesiness!)

Pet Entry
Photobucket


Head over to i heart faces and see this week's entries or join in on the fun yourself!

30 comments:

*Just Jen* said...

Awwww, what great pics! That cat looks as fat as mine! I love it!

Anonymous said...

That is a fat cat and how cute.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Her pout is different and I love it! Your cat photo is just AWESOME. What wonderful entries!

~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

What a beautiful pout on a beautiful girl.

Heidi said...

Both photos are luxurious! I love the rich colors. Lovely!

Unknown said...

Love the focus on the cat photo... and that little girl's eyes, wow!

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

I love fat cats! I have one of those too:-) Lovely photos!

TuTu's Bliss said...

GREAT PICS! I really love the colors in the first one.

Sarah said...

Great photos! I love the contrast and rich colors in them. Your little one is beautiful!

TidyMom said...

Oh GREAT shots! the colors just POP, I LOVE the turquoise behind the cat!!

Beautiful pictures!!

~TidyMom

Lindsay said...

Your blog is just gorgeous!

As are the kitty and the little gal. Wonderful shots.

I love seeing what 'real photographers' can do! :)

Through My Own Lens said...

Great job!!! The pout is so cute...and you're right, there are many diff kinds of pouts! Great capture!

Oh, and I love the cat photo!!! So darn precious...I have 2 cats! The focus on this one is fantastic! Nice work!

Jo said...

Great shots both are perfect!

Tricia Nugen said...

Great shots! Love that pouty face.

Rebecca said...

Both are great! Love the color and post processing! Great job.

Melinda said...

Wow! Your colors just pop! Love your daughter's eyes! GREAT photos!!

Melinda B

Pam D said...

Both of those are breath-taking photos. When I see pictures like this, I realize just how much I have to learn! Great captures.. good luck!

maggiemae and family said...

what beautiful eyes! and that cat is beautiful. you are in the top 10 if not the winner for sure!!

Heather said...

I love your pictures! Both are very cute subjects.

Anonymous said...

Great photos - the eyes really pop! in both.

Karen Gilbride, Captured by Karen said...

Both are soo cute! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Of course both of these are fantastic! That cat just blew me away -- and her pursed lips are too cute!

A Family Completed... said...

I love your photogrpghyhow crisp everything looks!

Ter said...

great photos! THis is my first time participating!

Sweet Peripety said...

both are fabulous!! love the color esp. with the first one!

kristi said...

what great pics! you are a great photographer.her eyes are so sparkly! i feel like the eyes in my photos are always dark. i can't get them to sparkle. thanks for stopping by my blog...

The Waltz's said...

This little girl has the sweetest face! Great shot.
-uShouldWaltz

DawnS said...

both of these are awesome!

Tonkamom said...

Love them both. That cat picture is stunning! Great color!!

tennis22ace said...

Very pretty kitty

(and not fat) =]

About Me

My photo
We are best friends who have started an amazing journey of this photography business. Faith grounds us, family surrounds us and friendship unites us!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones