Monday, April 6, 2009

Friendly Fotos~ by Mel

Kid's Entry
Photobucket

This week's theme at i heart faces is "My Friend and I". When you have a good friend you certainly can sense the love and care that strong relationship is built on. For my kid's entry I have a pic I took last summer of Ashlyn and Landon. They are brother and sister and are such little sweethearts! I love the look in her eye! Don't brothers and sisters make some of the best friends ever? :) My adult entry is cutie couple Alex & Jess who are getting married this July. They were posing for another picture so I got to snap this candid of them and it turned out as one of my faves from our shoot last summer.  Soon they will be taking vows to be friends for a lifetime! 

Adult's Entry
Photobucket

Head over to i heart faces and see wonderful pictures displaying friendship and enter a photo or two of your own.  Maybe you will make a few friends along the way...I know I have!  


Not only will you make friends but you can also LEARN so much.  I Heart Faces  promotes photo sharing and additionally teaches you with amazing tutorials that will improve your images.  It is wonderful because you can benefit no matter what level of photography you are at.  There are awesome contributors who impart their wisdom weekly on topics from Photoshop techniques to camera settings and more.  Anyone reading this needs to click on the link above and see what i heart faces is all about! 
PS-I have to mention that one of my photography inspirations Amy Wenzel is a judge this week!  She is UBER-talented and I am excited for her just to look at anything I have done.  
See more about Amy and ask her any questions this week at i heart faces

31 comments:

Shae said...

These are both wonderful. I really like the processing on the adults one and the b/w is just beautiful. great job.

Ter said...

great photos! This is my second week participating. I like this!

Dawn said...

I love these. The black and white is wonderful, love the contrast.

Randi said...

I love both photos! And I agree that brother and sister pics are the cutest :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Beautiful pictures!

Crystal said...

I just love all your photos, you are very talented!!

Mrs. McFadden said...

I love love love your kids entry! just sweet as can be! both photos are great!

Sue said...

So sweet...I love them both! Love the tone in each.

Rebecca said...

Love them both!!... I love the editing as well. Great entries.
~Becca

Unknown said...

I love, love, love that first photo!! Wonderful!! :)

ellieshine said...

WOW! these are both beautiful!

Melinda said...

Your b&w conversion is beautiful! Both are great captures!

Melinda B

Chris said...

your photos are beautiful.. timeless.. classic... :)

please come to check out my entry and let me know how i can improve so i can get better shots... im a newbie... my site is http://www.mommyjourney.com/

thanks

Unknown said...

Great pictures! I really like the adult entry :)

Anonymous said...

whoah.....OK....slowly pulling OUT of the competition...HOLY MOLEY! WOW, can I be you when I grow up? LOL

Lisa said...

What beautiful pictures! I'm new to all of this, and your pictures are so inspiring. Can't wait until my pictures are as good as these :)

Julie Rivera said...

Both are absolutely lovely! Your B&Ws are always so wonderful. I do love the angle on the little girl's face and the sparkle in her eye at whatever her brother is whispering. The processing on your adult entry is perfection. I am sure it was a favorite of theirs, too!

Sarah and Chadd said...

beautiful pics!

Drew said...

You never disappoint with your choices for each week's theme. Beyond the photos being well taken and capturing great emotion, I also love the processing on each one. (Lucky you, getting to go to Amy's workshop!)

Melissa said...

Both are beautiful! I LOVE the kids entry. Truly gorgeous and sweet.

Amy said...

These are both awesome :)

Bridgettepatterson said...

LOVE the child entry! Very enticing to have a secret!

Orena Murray said...

Awesome photos!

MediMonsters said...

Both are wonderful pictures!!

Unknown said...

Both pictures are great -- but I love your adult picture.

kristi said...

they are both great photos. love the editing.

dmauton said...

awesome pics.

Unknown said...

Both are amazing! I adore the second one especially - the editing on both is just beautiful! :-) great job as always!

Amazing Greis said...

What great pictures. The kid entry is super sweet.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Could your photos even possibly get any better?! These both rock Mel!!

~Angie
co-founder of iHeartFaces

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

About Me

My photo
We are best friends who have started an amazing journey of this photography business. Faith grounds us, family surrounds us and friendship unites us!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones