Monday, March 23, 2009

Au Naturale~by Mel

Kid's Entry
Photobucket


After a week off from the i heart faces contest I am back at it again! (Our internet went out last Tuesday night when I was going to enter for the green theme so I was not so lucky on St. Patrick's Day.) This week's i heart faces contest has but one requirement...NO FLASH. I selected these two from a recent session I did a few weeks back. (which I will be blogging more about later) :) I have found that I prefer not to use a flash at all. (unless I am in a dark reception hall or something similar) I think natural light is much more flattering and it brings out delicious colors like nothing else can! I crave the challenge of figuring out what ISO, aperture, shutter speed and lighting setting will work with each particular situation. It is almost a bit of a science to find out what settings will be the right formula for the yummiest capture.

Adult's Entry
Photobucket


Head over to i heart faces and check out the beauty of natural light!

14 comments:

Sarah said...

GREAT photos!!

Drew said...

I just love your photography! I could be in the same room in the exact same spot as you, and I guarantee I would not capture the moment near as well as you do. I love how candid your shots are. I also recognize the shirt on that darling little girl. Jordyn has the same one! :)

Mrs. H said...

Simply beautiful...both!

Lisa@saltandlightstudio said...

Both beautiful!

A Family Completed... said...

Both are great!

Unknown said...

You are so talented! These pictures are just amazing - I love them both! She's a little cutie and I love her black and white shirt - I also love the sweet adult entry - so so pretty! And amazing job with natural light!

Niecey said...

Gorgeous images! Beautiful work.

shauna said...

Could there be anything more precious than a little girl or a baby? Well yes, a little girl or a baby taken by you in natural light. AWESOME.

Carebear said...

The light in your kids entry is so perfectly gorgeous! And the softness and joy in the newborn/mommy shot is so lovely. You are quite a talent behind the camera! I raelly love your entries this week!

Sweet Peripety said...

fab photos- they are inspiring!!!!!

Skeller said...

These are both darling, but I especially adore the candid mother-baby moment. He's just so deliciously chubby!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Both of these shots are great, but your adult entry is simply stunning. Very beautiful!!!

Jessica
www.MomShots.com

Annette said...

Love your photographs. I like the lighting and background on your kids entry. For your adult entry, I like how the little baby "fits" to his mom. So sweet.

Micha Everett Photography said...

Too Cute!!! That little girl is just adorable!

About Me

My photo
We are best friends who have started an amazing journey of this photography business. Faith grounds us, family surrounds us and friendship unites us!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones