Monday, March 16, 2009

Going Home~ by Mel

Photobucket

Today we celebrated the life of an incredible person. Chad's beloved Grandma Germaine Perry passed away this past Thursday March 12th. At the time of her death Grandma was surrounded by her family and I would have to say it was one of the most amazing moments I have experienced. It was certainly sad and hard however it also turned out to be a moment of peace in knowing that God was calling home one of the greatest persons most of us will ever know. It would be hard for me to describe in words how I felt that evening but there was something in the air and you knew that Grandma was surrounded not only by her family but by the angels. The house swelled with people and with the love we all shared for her beautiful soul.

At the time of her death Grandma Perry was held up in prayer by so many who she had once prayed for herself. She was dedicated to our Lady and saying the Rosary. I remembered back to when Chad and I were first dating and the first time I was invited to attend a Rosary recitation in the Beckley basement. I was in awe of this Grandmother who led her family in prayer and I knew at that moment that I had been brought into a special family. I will always remember the feeling I had that day and the faith that I experienced in each person. Grandma Perry had everything to do with the values instilled in her children and the faith that now I see in my husband. There is something so unique about the bond that the Perry's share and so much of that has to do with the lessons, guidance and life that Grandma Perry imparted to her sons and daughters by being an example of Christ on a daily basis.

Today we attended her funeral and said goodbye for one last time. Germaine was an extraordinary person whose faith permeated everything she did. She had 14 children and raised them all to be outstanding individuals. Her sense of humor was also a gift in our lives and she could make anyone smile with her frankness and witty ways. I remember visiting her in the hospital several times and she still always had a way of making all of us smile even through her hardships. Grandma Perry will be missed and I wanted to take this moment out to honor such a wonderful life. We know that she is in a much better place. And as we gaze through our tears and turn our hearts to God in prayer we are assured that she most certainly has gone home.

Grandma Perry may you rest in peace. Thank you for the gift of your life, your service to others, your faith-filled example, your humor in hard times, and your constant pursuit of Heaven. You have been a good an faithful servant...the reward is now yours.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
We are best friends who have started an amazing journey of this photography business. Faith grounds us, family surrounds us and friendship unites us!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones