Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Striving for my best ~ by Mar

In the spirit of the season of Lent, I have decided to give up my free time! As a part time teacher and photographer and full time mother, I spend a lot of time at home. I have found myself very unmotivated lately, so the Lenten season has given me the kick I needed to improve myself in so many ways. I spent my down time today trying out new effects with my photo software to make a great original photo "SPARKLE" even more! I give iHeartFaces credit for posting this "Fix it" tutorial. I have really enjoyed following their site (even though I haven't had the time to participate in their weekly contest....this could be another goal for my Lenten Project!) So here's my example of making a great photo really sparkle!
Photobucket
This is my daughter Eden. I happen to think she is already beautiful, but look how the sparkle layer, evening skin tone, and sharpening her natural eyes makes the top photo even better! The bottom photo is my original image.
Photobucket

3 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I love, love, love your take on the "Sparkle" background! Mel has been such an inspiration to all of us...now we need to get you to join in on the fun too. :)

~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces

Anonymous said...

The sparkle is amazing. I need to figure out how to work my software to do that. Great shot!

Annette said...

What a difference! I like it.

About Me

My photo
We are best friends who have started an amazing journey of this photography business. Faith grounds us, family surrounds us and friendship unites us!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones