Monday, February 16, 2009

"Wonder"ful~ by Mel

Kid's Entry
Photobucket


This week's i heart faces contest focuses on the feeling of wonder. Wonder can mean so many things and can be expressed in many different ways. The world seen through the eyes of a little one in wonder is certainly something to behold. I love watching children and their eye expression when they are trying to figure something out or when they are seeing something new. They notice things that we as adults miss. In this photo Rylan is certainly wondering about something...maybe it is why I am constantly snapping photos of her? :)
In my adult's entry Erin's eyes are saying it all. Perhaps she is wondering what her daughter will be like or who she might take after. Maybe she is wondering about being a Mom for the second time and contemplating the joy that is motherhood. Only she knows for sure and the mystery of what her thoughts are in this picture are part of the charm. The wonder of being a mother is certainly a beautiful thing. Incidentally the baby Erin is holding is Rylan. (the little one pictured above...wow how she has grown!)

Adult's Entry
Photobucket

Head over to i heart faces and see many more "wonder"ful faces!

26 comments:

Melinda said...

What lovely pictures! I especially like the bottom one. The mom's expression is so soft. WONDERful job!!

Melinda B

Heather said...

Both pictures are amazing! Love the expressions on the faces of the child and the adult. And I enjoyed your descriptions too!

Corrine said...

beautiful pictures you did a wonderful job

The Animator's Wife said...

Those are both incredible shots!

Randi said...

Great photos! Both are perfect captures of wonder :)

Anjanette said...

What a beautiful little girl!

Anonymous said...

What a precious little girl in the up above picture. The story the picture tells is perfect.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! The little girl is adorable to the max! LOVE her coat : ). Love the paint peeling door.
The mother and baby are perfect. That is a picture of wonder if I have ever seen one. It was breathtakingly beautiful!

Christi said...

Beautiful photos. I love that coat.

Drew said...

I love them both (as always)! I love that they are both natural and unposed. You caught a beautiful moment in time. I love the name Rylan too! I've never heard of it before. Guess it doesn't matter if I had heard of it...Rylan Riley would probably be too silly to name my girl. :)

Lara said...

What gorgeous pictures. I especially love the Mom and baby...what a sweet tender moment you captured.

Unknown said...

I love them both. They are equally beautiful. "wonderful" job! :)

Anonymous said...

These are both great--love the composition in both, as well.

Barber Family said...

Both pictures are simply gorgeous!

Angela said...

OH the little girls outfit is so cute! Love the pictures!

Melinda said...

You always have the best photos! Not only are the expressions priceless but the post processing you do is amazing!

heidi said...

beautiful. i love them both!

Josie said...

Those are both beautiful pics, I love the first one-very cute!! Nice job!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

These are both such beautiful, candid moments you captured Mel. I am in awe!

~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces

illahee said...

i love them both!

R and R Stacy said...

Beautiful pictures!! Well done!

Kelly said...

Congrats on the top 10! The coat that little girl is wearing is precious! Your images are beautiful.

Josie said...

Congrats on the Top 10-Winner very nice this was my favorite pic for the week in Wonder!!

Teresa said...

Such beautiful photos! Congratulations on your top ten win...so well deserved!!

Carebear said...

Congrats on the top ten finish. I can see why you made it! The softness and colors are so lovely. And I'm partial to the outfit because my own little Ryleigh has that same hat!

Unknown said...

These are both beautiful shots! :-) love them! and congrats on being in the top 10!

About Me

My photo
We are best friends who have started an amazing journey of this photography business. Faith grounds us, family surrounds us and friendship unites us!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones