Monday, February 9, 2009

Silly~by Mel

Kid's Entry
Photobucket

Silly...Silly...Silly! That is the theme for this week's i heart faces contest. Above you will see my entry for the children's category. This was one in a series of photos I took of Landon and Brittanie his Mom. She was chasing him around and had finally captured him. His expression is PRICELESS. This is a beautiful and silly moment between mother and son and it was one of my favorites from the day. The emotion on his face is just fun and you can almost hear them laughing.

Adult's Entry
silly test

For my adult entry I selected the photo above with the family posed by the barn. As I was thinking about my photos this one came to mind. This was a family photo shoot I did back in the summer of the amazing Kramer clan. Of course we had to have a little fun so I asked them all to make a "silly" face. Here is the end result! Even with silly faces they are quite a good lookin' group!


Check out i heart faces to see the other entries and enter one of your own! www.iheartfaces.com

13 comments:

Josie said...

Both your pics are great, but the first pic is my favorite you really captured them have a great time.

Drew said...

Hi, Mel! I have a picture similar (but not near as good) as your first picture. I almost used it, but I was in it...ugh! :) I passed it up.

I love both of these! The B&W on the first one is just perfect!

AngelaCate said...

I love this second picture! So creative and the "bubble" effect (or whatever you pros call it) is awesome!!
Angie

Melinda said...

Mel - you take the most beautiful photos. That first one is breathtaking and I love the second one as well - not only are they all making silly faces but the roundedness of the photo only adds to its whimsy.

Unknown said...

What beautiful pictures!! I love the emotion in that first one -- just lovely! :-) thanks for sharing!

Keri said...

Gorgeous pictures. Way to capture a moment. Very nice.

Randi said...

Wow!! Amazing photos. I especially like the second one :)

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

That first shot perfectly portrays loving silliness. That family shot is so sweet! Great effect for a silly shot.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

You're amazing me Mel! These are both so fantastic I don't even know where to begin. Wonderful job!

~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces

Julie Rivera said...

Your family shot is truly silly! It can be hard to convince an entire group to be goofy...and the distortion from your lens just adds to the feel of the image. I like it!

Unknown said...

Hilarious! I love them!! What great expressions you captured!

Anonymous said...

Both are silly but I love the first one the most!!! It made me say.. awwwww because even though it's silly, it's such a sweet moment!

Unknown said...

I love your pictures. They are very nice! Congratulations for being a runner up in the adult category. They really do look like a fun family!

About Me

My photo
We are best friends who have started an amazing journey of this photography business. Faith grounds us, family surrounds us and friendship unites us!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones