Monday, July 28, 2008

Gratefulness & Gifts~by Mel

 lovely poster made by my partner Mar! :) 
    
     Have you ever been so amazed by God's love that your heart swelled so full of gratefulness that you felt as if it might burst?  If you know this feeling than you may have some idea of how I felt tonight.  I recently interviewed for a new teaching position.  To make a long story short this was the chance of a lifetime for me and I prayed and waited patiently (or tried to) for news on what would come.  Well today I had a meeting and I found out that I was their choice!  I was offered the position and I am so thrilled!  
(I'll be blogging more of my experience in the classroom at a later time)  
     My happiness spilled over and as family and friends were contacted I could hear the pleasure that exuded from their voices as well.  This was all just so wonderful and I knew that people had been praying for me.  I felt an awesome sense of peace the last several days while waiting on a decision and I know that is due in large part to the prayers of so many loved ones.  I am so very blessed and can feel our Lord's Spirit moving within those who care about me.  
     To add to my day I was given a sweet surprise.  My husband planned a surprise party for me to congratulate me on this new venture.  I came home to our newly decorated sports bar basement (Perry's Dugout) and to my shock there were people who gleefully jumped out yelling "Congratulations!"  The evening was complete with pizza, drinks, laughs, hugs and well wishes.  As I looked around I had to do a double take.  I am just so thankful for the souls God has placed in my path.  At times I don't feel deserving of such love but I know that life isn't about what you deserve or what you don't.  Life is about accepting Christ's gifts of love with a grateful heart.  And I am so grateful He has given me such supportive family and friends.  

"Congratulations!"  (I love these people!) 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
We are best friends who have started an amazing journey of this photography business. Faith grounds us, family surrounds us and friendship unites us!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones