Thursday, June 4, 2009

Playing Catch Up~ by Mel

     It has been quite some time since I have blogged as life gets in the way at times.  This post is to update you all on some of the things I have been doing and where I have been!  Let me also say that being a teacher at this time of the year is crazy busy and one of my top priorities was finishing out the year with my students.  That went well and we had a great end of the year program and many special moments that I am sure the students as well as myself will always remember.  
     In terms of photography, first came a Mama Mia Maternity & Family session with Mar and company.  Mar was a great model and since she knows photography it was easy to take her pictures!  Next was an engagement shoot with Jody & Casey.  They are an absolutely adorable couple whose wedding is coming up at the end of June.  We had fun trying new locations and I look forward to their big day!  Following that was a Bebe' session with Brielle.  We did some inside shots to document her 3-4 month photos.  Brielle was such a sweetheart and that smile...oh my goodness!!!  After that I was asked to take the 8th grade graduation photos for Calvert Catholic Schools.  The students and I had a great time celebrating the fact that they are now moving on to the world of high school.   (especially the girls---they loved feeling like models!)   On May 14&15th I attended a workshop with photographer extraordinaire Amy Wenzel.  I had such a wonderful time at the workshop and learned a plethora about business, products and branding.  Amy's workshop helped me realize my true passion is for children's and women' fashion photography.  I had a great opportunity to photograph many children at the workshop and look forward to going back to catch the senior portion of her workshop. After the workshop I was inspired to get more images for my fashion portfolio.  I did a senior session with Katie and I think it highlights the style and image I am going for in my photography.  
     Also included in what I have missed blogging is another family shoot that I did several months back that I never posted.  Coming up you will soon see more fashion shoots for kids.     I will also share with you a collage I made for a graduating senior.  Keep collages in mind for all of your special events.  I'll explain more when I post the sample.  I will be putting up images soon of my faves from all of these shoots so keep your eyes peeled!
Whew!  I am outta breath thinking of all those things!   

No comments:

About Me

My photo
We are best friends who have started an amazing journey of this photography business. Faith grounds us, family surrounds us and friendship unites us!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones